379: book depository... my newest one-stop online bookstore!

Greetings readers!

As you may have known, there are some new ads on the top, sidebar and also at the end of the blog, amirite? Well... if you guys don't mind clicking them, it will lead you to Book Depository, this new online bookseller that I have discovered.

If you, like me, an avid book-reader and book-collector, going to the local bookstore is similar to a 6-years-old going to the Toys'R'Us. In fact, if I was going out with my friends, I'd rather ditch them to do their own activities and let them leave me at the bookstore, provided that they will call me back when its time to go.

Anyways, there are times when you go to your favorite bookstore, eager to find this one book that you wanted to buy, spending hours browsing the shelves, looking and re-looking at it again just in case, then finally deciding to ask one of the bookstore's staff-member, only to have this reply:


Total disappointment, amirite?

Anyways, apart from heading to my regular online bookstores like MPH Online, Amazon and even Ebay, I soon discovered a new website called Book Depository. What differs this website from the other three is that Book Depository provides free delivery.

Yep, you read me right; FREE DELIVERY. I kid you not.

But there's a catch, though. Since this is actually an international company, the book that you ordered will took a slight delay of 10-14 days from the date of confirmed purchase. But that's okay I guess, considering that it provides free shipping to your door step.

Book Depository provides an extensive collection of books, make it either fiction or non-fiction, graphic novels, manga, dictionary, audio books and even e-books for sale. I prefer Book Depository in comparison to the other website when I can't find the book that I want (or the kind of cover that I want).

Well, today, approximately 15 days after I had completed the payment of purchase, the book that I bought is finally here. It is bubble-wrapped and was sent via air mail from UK. Yeah, the delivery schedule is kind of late, but then again I don't really mind because of the cheaper price you got (and did I tell you that the shipping is free?) in comparison to other online bookstores albeit local or international.
Would I be ordering from Book Depository again in the future? Definitely! I was aiming to clear my wishlist of graphic novels by the end of this year and most of them can be bought rather cheaply via Book Depository that buying from Kinokuniya or other online bookstores.
I highly recommend Book Depository for all of my blog readers. Its cheaper, and had a wider variety of rare books not sold locally.

=)

Ulasan

Amirah Fathiyah berkata…
Haha tahun lepas masa nak beli tfios dekat mph alamanda, dorang kata takde tfios. tfios kot. macam mana boleh takde tah.

hm tapi mungkin sebab dia tfios lah, dia takde.

my sister pernah beli reclaim your heart dekat book depository. dia kata murah daripada biasa.
shandye. berkata…
typical bookstores akan literally 'sorok' stok buku yg diorang dapat news bakal jadi big hit, only to bring it out again later (macam trilogi 'the hunger games' dulu, masa awal-awal keluar, terbiar je kat rak tu tak ada siapa peduli. once the first movie came out, tiga-tiga judul tiba-tiba je hilang dari shelves. bila tanya cakap dh habis. rupa-rupanya diorang akan letak balik bila tgh high demand. #truestory (*based on a friend yg penah kerja kedai buku*)
Amirah Fathiyah berkata…
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT. That's really interesting...