378: [siri tak ada kerja] #18 - A to Z Book Survey.

The other day I discovered this survey done from various BookTubers and this survey originated from this blog, so I decided to give it a go.

Check it out!



Author you’ve read the most books from:
Stephen King. I started reading 'IT' way back in high school and something about his style of narration and his craftsmanship in storytelling had made me hooked ever since.


Best Sequel Ever:
Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. Its the sequel from his older book, 'The Shining'. I liked how all the characters have grown up and how the author manages to develop such an engrossing story of an already good book is beyond by comprehension.


Currently Reading:
Colorless Tsukuri Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami.


Drink of Choice While Reading:
Coffee. Black, with just a teaspoon of sugar. 


E-reader or Physical Book?
I prefer physical book in comparison to e-books, but then again I do have some books in my iPad that I bring along to read when I am commuting in the train.


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Charlie from 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'.


Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
Room by Emma Donoghue


Hidden Gem Book:
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I have heard so much about this book, my friends and lecturer are all pestering me to give it a go but I was kind of hesitant at first. Then I decided to grab a copy and boy am I hooked! 


Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Transforming from being a book-lover, to a book-writer. In 2012 I had the opportunity to publish my debut novel. Another checklist marked in my bucket list. :)


Just Finished:
Siong by M. Faiz Syahmi & Neesa Jamal


Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Erotica. I tried reading that famous '50 Shades of Grey' but I put it down after a quarter done because of several reasons: 1) its poorly written, 2) there's nothing happening to the development of the characters apart from having sex, sex and more sex


Longest Book You’ve Read:
The Stand by Stephen King and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.


Major book hangover because of:
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami


Number of Bookcases You Own:
There's one bookcase at the living room and the rest of my books are stacked in two tall towers at the corner of my room. Oh, and I also had another huge chest of books that I left at my best-friend's house (which I am yet to take home after I had graduated last 2 years)


One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
This one is kind of hard because I have plenty of books that I find extremely enjoyable that I tend to revisit again and again. One of it would be 'It' by Stephen King.


Preferred Place To Read:
On my bed.


Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
“Ideas are like beards. Men don’t have them until they grow up. Somebody said that, but I can’t remember who.” ― Haruki MurakamiColorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage


Reading Regret:
I regret nothing. I appreciate and respect each and every authors who have managed to make their craft published and bought by others to be read and enjoyed (or not?).


Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
All 13 books from the Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snickets.


Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
1. The Hours by Michael Cunningham

2. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
3. Salina by A. Samad Said



Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Rainbow Rowell. Everything that she had written thus far has been pure genius. I would buy just anything from her after this.


Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The Revival by Stephen King.


Worst Bookish Habit:
I rather wait half a year (or longer) after the book release just to get the copy in paperback format because hardcovers are expensive as hell, yo!.


X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Lake by Banana Yoshimoto


Your latest book purchase:
The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta


ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Zombijaya by Adib Zaini.

Ulasan